For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.
Statement of Faith
- The Holy Scriptures: We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the inspired, preserved Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed, and therefore are the final authority for faith and practice. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to man.
- The Godhead: We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Person and Work of Christ: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and died for our sins and accomplished our complete redemption, is now raised from the dead and is now exalted at the right hand of God.
- The Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and that He is the Divine Teacher who assists believers in understanding the Scriptures.
- The Depravity of Man: We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God.
- Salvation: We believe in salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and that it does not depend on any works of man, and our salvation is kept by His power.
- The Priesthood of the Believer: We believe in the priesthood of all believers; that Christ is our great High Priest and through Him every born again person has direct access into God's presence.
- The Local Church: We believe in the importance of the local church and that this is God's New Testament institution to accomplish His will.
- Separation: We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord.
- The Second Advent of Christ: We believe in the second coming of Christ, which has two distinct phases, first for His Church, then to be Judge and King of this earth.
- The Eternal State: We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.
- The Personality of Satan: We believe that Satan, the devil, is a created being who fell from his original state and became the author of sin and the cause of the fall of man.
- Creation: We believe that God created the universe.
- Missions: We believe that God has given the church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations.
- Giving: We believe that every Christian, as a steward of that portion of God's wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local church financially, and as moved by the Spirit of God, to support those engaged in spreading the Gospel to this world.