Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
This Week's Broadcast: Easter Blessings
We inched our way forward...
This player requires Flash
Which for you?
Resurrection or Easter?
Did you know?
- The word Easter is mentioned only one time in the Bible? (Acts 12:4)
- It stands for the feast of the Passover which the Hebrews observed in memory of the time they left Egypt. (Ex. 12)
- The Lord passed over the houses of those who had obeyed and put blood of an unblemished lamb over and on the sides of their door, but the firstborn of the other houses were killed. (Ex. 12)
- When Jesus died, He became the Lamb whose blood was shed for the sins of everyone. (John 1:36, Heb. 9:26-28)
- The veil of the temple was rent from the top to the bottom when He died. (Matt.27)
- There was such a strong earthquake when He died that the rocks were broken up, graves were opened, and many bodies of the saints arose and went into the holy city and appeared to many. (Matt. 27)
- The centurion and his helpers watched Jesus when He died and saw everything that happened and they 'Feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God' (Matt. 27).
- He arose from the dead after three days. (Matt. 12:40).
- The tomb had been sealed with a huge stone so that it was impossible for one man to roll it back by himself from inside the tomb. (Matt. 27:66) However, it didn't prevent the Son of God from conquering death!
- The angel (Matt. 28:2) rolled back the stone so that other people could see inside, not to let the Lord out.
- The keepers at the sepulchre shook so bad after seeing the angel of the Lord (His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow) that they became as dead men. (Matt. 28:2-4)
- An angel told the two Mary's who had gone to the tomb, 'He is not here: for he is risen, as he said' (Matt. 28).
- The soldiers were given large sums of money by the elders and chief priests to lie and say 'His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept' (Matt. 28).
- Jesus met his disciples after he had risen and said, 'All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth' (Matt. 28:18).
Which for you?
- The Bible version of the Resurrection?
- Or the world's view generally referred to as Easter? (Which usually includes new clothes, bunnies, eggs, baskets, candy, and a yearly visit to a church, etc.)