This Week's Broadcast: Perfect Timing
Something happened one Sunday that was most unusual....
This player requires Flash
Shattered dreams. Are you struggling with them?
Did you and your beloved have detailed plans for the future until you heard the life changing words, "I'm sorry, we did all we could, but your husband is dead."?
Perhaps you pleaded with the Lord not to take him as I did for my husband; and you were numb with disbelief when He did it anyway.
Does the future look bleak to you?
This is how the Lod helped me through my broken dreams:
- With refresinging Bible verses such as, "He healeth the broken in heart... (Ps. 147:3), "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted" (Matt. 5:4).
- By studying the life of Job I realized it's alright to ask God hard questions about grief.
- I learned by talking to other widows what helped them move forward as, "Reaching out to help others and not focusing on my loss helped me."
- Journaling my thoughts and blessings as I progressed through the years provided material for the book I am writing for widows.
- By joining a grief support group I interacted with others having the same coping issues I had.
Once I finally caught it that the Lord had planned something for me to do with the rest of my life, I rejoiced to be used again, even without my husband's presence. What joy to know the Lord will never leave us nor forsake us.
I trust that you too, dear widow, will find the rest that the Lord is waiting to give you.
Questions about widowhood?
You may email me at:
write to me:
Rejoicing with Joyce, P.O. Box 5207, Pasco, WA 99302
Watch for my forthcoming books:
Good Grief-I Need Relief! Recovery and Rejoicing for Hurting Widows
and a companion journal with the same title